Saturday, December 30, 2017

It’s pre-New Year ‘s Eve.

Is that even a real holiday?

I’m not sure, but whenever a holiday falls on the weekend, people tend to celebrate or start celebrating on the Friday and Saturday that preceded it!

So Happy Pre-New Year’s Eve!

Today, I started thinking back on some of this years events.

Several staff changes happened at work, that allowed me to take one step further in providing much needed services to the LGBT community. Mainly bringing PrEP services to the bathhouse!

I’ve always wanted to do this, or something like this back in the 90’s! Where I would go into client’s home to provide counseling. This is just one more step towards that goal I’ve had for over 20 years!

So, work-wise, I’m super happy! Now it’s a matter of making sure that my work doesn’t make my personal life suffer!

Prior to working at GayCity, I was a volunteer. So my weekends were often taking up by my volunteer duties!

So Drew, my boyfriend has been extremely supportive and understanding of my lack of availability!

With the coming year, I hope to have more free-time! So we can spend more time together and do anything or nothing! It’s all about just being together you know!

Of course, the MeToo movement is important! This highlights the horrible acts where people, mainly men in a position of power, sexually assaults or harass women (and sometimes even men).

I applaud these brave women and men for standing up and speaking their truth!

The world is now ready to listen and respond with respect!

No comments: