Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Election Night 2012 Jitters

It has been FOREVER since I last posted anything in my blog! I know, it's horrible, but the reason I keep this blog, is to make room for the random big thoughts that pop up in my head and for no other reason. I keep active in other avenues such as GetGlue, Twitter, FaceBook and my current favorite... Google+. to stay connected with the outside world. Ever since my last post, I've had many thoughts that I wanted to post about. Those usually pop up right as I'm about to go to bed, just as I am about to go to bed, so I'm running through all the day's events and clearing them out, to make room for the new day. I call this "Meditation". I usually puts me to sleep. Tonight is different. Barack Obama has just be re-elected to another four year term as President of the United States of America. I personally hate politics, but this gave me hope and I saw a future which wasn't completely bleak. Another thing that passed were that some American States passed Gay marriage, including the state I live in, Washington. Marriage has been such loaded topic for me. I mean... I saw my parent's marriage and it wasn't pretty. I was the first person that told my mom to divorce my dad, which she never did. My parents eventually divorced, but I had no say in it at all. I'm the eternal romantic, I believe in love at first sight, in soul mates, in THE ONE. What really hurt was that I would never be able to marry because I was gay. I know that I could go elsewhere, to places where gay marriage was legal, but I would not be able to bring it back home, so it was a moot point. I wouldn't be able to live out my dreams or a house, white picket fence, a dog 2.3 kids and electric car. Back in 2004, I was one of the crazy couples that got married at San Francisco City Hall and it was wonderful! To have my marriage later made "invalid" was equally heartbreaking. Once bitten and twice shy. Now that Ref 74 has passed in the State of Washington, I have a glimmer of hope again. I want to do this right this time. My previous marriage was an act of protest, against the injustice of society. The next time, it's going to be for me. The next time I get married, it's to show the world that I love one man and I have the ring to prove it!!! Super Sandee leaves, History is made again, Equality NOW! AiYahh!

No comments: