Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

Here I am on the first day of my last year in my 30's. For the mathematically challenged, that would mean I am 39 years old now.

I started with a dinner last night that was kind of reflective of my life as a whole.

It was kinda swanky, on the expensive side, but it just didn't hit the mark. The food was adequate. It had some good points, but wasn't spectacular and really wasn't worth the price they were charging.

The service, while everything that was requested, was done, never went beyond expectations, so made it overall, just adequate.

The ambiance was the best; After the noisy group near us finished their meal and left. Drew and I could finally enjoy the amazing view without any distractions. A true million dollar view!

I have been getting many birthday wishes via text message, Facebook, etc, but it's all so bittersweet for me, because the one I'm missing is the one from my mom, because I always celebrate it with her!

She is the reason I am here and I truly miss her on this special day.

So here's to you mom, for giving birth to me 39+ years ago and helping me be the man I am today. You may be gone, but the lessons you taught me and your memory lives on through them.

2 comments:

shu ji dan said...

happy birthday for last week , may the coming year be full of joy and happiness

shu ji dan said...

belated birthday greetings for last week I hope the coming year brings you joy