Saturday, August 30, 2008

Singlehood no more


Waiting for Batman
Originally uploaded by AiYahh

Well... it was bound to happen. I fell in love!

We met at a Cinco de Mayo party earlier this year and started seeing each other ever since.

I was actually having a hard time with it, because I had been kinda hurt pretty recently on Valentine's Day. I had just met someone and my heart just flew open! I think I was really ready for another relationship and then I made a horrible mistake on Valentine's Day.

I told the guy those fateful words, "I Love You" that night.

I never heard back from him ever again afterwards.

I'm kinda surprised that I didn't see it coming, but I guess I shoud've in hindsight. And hindsight is 20/20.

Jump forward almost three months later. I was invited by an Facebook friend to his Cinco de Mayo party.

To be honest, I had not met this guy before and I only accepted his friend request, because I thought he was cute. I'm such a sucker for a cute guy! So i went to the party and knew absolutely nobody. That didn't stop me from getting drinks and chit-chatting from anyone though.

It was a little bit later on that night when Drew arrived at the party. At the time, I had a drink in my hand and was chatting with other folks at by the snack table, when Drew came by and I found myself being dragged away!

Somehow, we ended up together on a huge chair and spent the rest of the time together.

I realized something was different about this guy and felt really comfortable with him. The fact that I thought he was incredibly cute probably had something to do with that *grin*

Several months passed where we spent time together, talked, hanged out with friends, etc. We both realized that something special was happening between us.

It was my own experiences that prevented me from asking him to be my boyfriend till now. Last night, I laid my fears to rest and when I woke up, I held him close, looked into his eyes, told him that I Loved Him and asked him to be my boyfriend.

He happily accepted!

Then he mentioned that he was going to switch his status on Facebook. I mentioned that I would probably post something on my blog (this one) about it.

So there you have it. I almost made it to a year of being single ...

And I couldn't be happier :)

The Sun is Shining
Everything seems SO damn bright!
But no shade for ME!

AiYahh!

5 comments:

... said...

awww, so cute. ;)

we ARE in a weird relationship, aren't we? (giggle)

Joshua Carrey said...

Hey, I liked your blog.

I see you like gay sex. You may wanna check out my blog, as I relay my tragic (and often publicly humiliating)attempts to reinvent myself as a shameless man-wench!

Watch this space...

Unknown said...

Hey Josh,

Actually, you're on my blogroll :)

glad to see you're back :0

Unknown said...

Drew is one lucky guy, I wish you both years of happiness. I really liked your thoughts. I live in SF and I am in love with my landlord's son. I'm 25, he's 22, and is so hunky I could scream... he's such a flirt & I'm almost sure he knows I like him. I am so into Asian guys, especially him, and will do anything to please the guy I love. How can I show my affection without being too obvious, and is there anything I can do to make him more into me? Is it tough to be Chinese and gay? Most of mmy gay Asian buddes all have family issues like not talking back, or pressue to get married and have kids. Others do too, but it seems like "Azn bois" have it harder. Thanks for the help, and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Unknown said...

To have that one true love is what life's about. Go for it and make it last.