Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy (Post) Gobble Gobble

Well, Thanksgiving has passed and now the official shopping season has started.

Did anyone hear the gunshot go off?

I was actually a little too full from Thanksgiving dinner to even move. I went to some friends place, where I was actually able to eat everything that was served! This was a very unique experience for me since I have been dreading this holiday ever since I became vegetarian. It's either not enough food, in some cases, none at all. Then there are the common, "What do you mean you don't eat meat?" comments. I've actually stopped going out with certain friends because of that comment. I think that friend has been inviting me to his house every year since then, for Thanksgiving and regretting his comment, since I may forgive someone, I will never forget what they did or say.

Is that holding a grudge? No, not in my eyes. That comment made me feel very uncomfortable and I would rather NOT be in a place where I have been made uncomfortable, so I will never go to his house for Thanksgiving dinner.

So... what did I have this year? Let's see, butternut squash soup, greenbean casserole, cauliflour casserole, something with beets, vegetable raggout, stuffing, trout, rolls, wild mushroom aioli, mushroom gravy, caviar appetizers on little pancakes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin cheesecake, and my contribution... magic blondies.

I ate at a moderate pace and felt satisfied at the end of the evening. On the way home, my stomach was in pain! I ate too much it seems. Oh well, it is Thanksgiving, and that's one of the traditions.

After I got home with Scott, we watched "The Black Hole" with our roommate. I don't remember very much of it, since I had a full stomach and spent most of it curled up on Scott's lap sleeping. I do remember people shooting what looked like lasers and menacing robots. Not exactly traditional Thanksgiving fare.

Oh well, welcome to my world.

This year, I'm thankful for my friends, both old and new. I'm thankful that I still have my health. I'm thankful for my newfound appreciation of Seattle weather and its occupants. I'm thankful for everything that has happened to me in my life leading up to this point, good and bad, because those experiences are what has shaped me into the person I am today.

What are you thankful for?

Counting my blessings,
The clouds pass over my head,
Isn't that, silver?

AiYahh!

No comments: