Friday, November 02, 2007

Swimming in chocolate!

It's been a while since I last posted anything here. It's taken me this long to settle in here in Seattle!

So, I have been looking for a job pretty seriously. The first month here was especially hard. I had one prospect, but after the first and second interview, I lost out. They decided to hire internally. I kinda had a feeling that I wouldn't get it during the interview, but I was trying to be optimistic and ignored it.

So I continued looking for jobs, sending my resume and job applications all over the place. Not really all over to be honest. I am really trying to make a decision over where I worked. I want to only work in a place where I can get to on one bus ride. It helps that I'm within walking distance to several bus lines and can go almost anywhere in Seattle.

In the meanwhile, I have found a job working at a chocolate store. I won't mention the name, but it's a franchise and it's based in Colorado. To be honest, I wasn't too sure I could work here. I mean, I AM a bit of a food snob. So the only reason I was willing to work here, was because they use higher quality chocolate.

Hey, I've worked in a chocolate store in the past. The employees are expected to try everything. If the chocolate was low quality, I would have threw it all up on my first day!

The pay isn't very much, but it's better than nothing. So I have to tighten my belt a little and curb my spending a lot. Pasta and red sauce for dinner and Almond Butter and Jelly (AB&J) sandwiches for lunch, have become a reality for me. It's a good thing there are several Costcos up here and my membership is paid up for the year.

One common comment I've gotten after working here for a month is, "How do you stay so skinny?"

The answer I give is, "Moderation". I don't eat a lot of anything in the store. Which is true. I have a major sweet tooth, so it would be very easy for me to just open my mouth and start shoveling candy into it, but I don't. Since I have to try everything, I portion whatever I'm eating. My favorite is chocolate cover sunflower seeds. I'm really glad we have these, since they were already my favorite for about 2 years now. They are not very common, so when I find a place that has it, I tend to buy several pounds of it, to last me of course :)

So wish me luck as I make my way around Seattle looking for a (better paying) job and just generally, enjoying my time up here.

Oh, I'm headed back to San Francisco this weekend for my appointment with Project T. So a few folks know about it, but of course, I won't be able to meet with many people.

Rain in Seattle
Isn't really rain at all.
More like heavy spit

AiYahh!

1 comment:

Marc said...

Is it really possible to "tighten your belt" while working in a candy store? :)