Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What a scam...

If you ever wonder why I will NEVER use a relationship site, such as True, read on.

I just got an email in my work email address today. I usually look in the spam folder at least once a day, because I have it turned up pretty high and one or two legitimate emails get caught.

Let's see what we have here today. Ah hah! An email from a friend of mine. Ok, he's not really a friend, more of an acquaintence. We met when he was working in the Surgery Department. I was friends with the manager and since their office was right next to my mailroom, I would see them often. I would also pop in pretty frequently when I was creating accounts for the new batch of Residents.

His daughter had hurt her ankle and was seen here. They had still not received the x-rays and was wondering if I could be of help. Of course I had to do something and contacted the manager of our Film Library. She's going to take care of it.

Case closed.

That's when I noticed an email from True.

I normally just ignore stuff like this, but for some reason I decided to look in the preview panel. I didn't actually open it, just looked in the preview panel.

Here's the ad:

1000’s OF SINGLE ASIAN MEN TO MEET!

To unsubscribe from Serene Idea list, you may do so by clicking on our unsubscribe link
Serene Idea wishes to ensure that any user who does not wish to receive our emails is removed from our lists as quickly as possible..
To unsubscribe from Serene Idea list, you may do so by clicking on our unsubscribe link

This email is an advertisement from Serene Idea.

This message may be part of an ongoing mailing campaign.

Your continued receipt of email from us shall constitute your agreement with the terms of our privacy policy.

If you disagree with these terms please remove yourself from our mailing list by clicking on our unsubscribe link
If you would like to remove yourself from all of our mailing lists please contact us immediately. Our Customer Service contact address is:

Quality Care
26 Fenn Rd
Department 361
Newington, CT 06111
This message is delivered to howard.XXX@XXX.XXX.XXXat 12:32 PM on 2006-03-22
Thank you howard.XXX@XXX.XXX.XXX


What's really scary is that yes, I am gay, very proud of that lil fact to be honest, but I have NEVER used my work email for anything non-work related. So the question is "How the heck did this get sent to me here?"

The standard unsubscribe message is there, but I've never noticed this:

Your continued receipt of email from us shall constitute your agreement with the terms of our privacy policy.

So even though I never subscribe to this, if I don't tell them to take me off the list, I agree to them sending me email!

Since I never use the unsubscribe option as a rule, that's a sure way for spammers to keep sending you spam, I guess I'm stuck.

Now I just wish they would send me ads with more attractive Asian men. I mean, since they already know that I'm gay and that I'm into other Asian guys, they must know what TYPE of guy I'm into! The picture that's attached to this ad they sent just blows chunks!

So come on spammers, start sending me those shots of Takeshi Kaneshiro, or Dean Cain!

Spam, cooked up fresh, hot.
Like a Musubi, just right.
But what's with the smell?

AiYahh!

1 comment:

... said...

harumph harumph harumph. :P