Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Bay Area Bloggers Rounded Up

I was reading this great blog by SF blogger ChadFox and he talked about getting invited to a little shindig for SF Bay Area bloggers hosted by local TV station KRON.

Then I thought, "Hey! I live here and have a blog (several actually)" Since it was an open invitation, I wrote a comment and provided my email address. I honestly didn't think anyone would respond...kinda felt cheap. Like a "Look at me!" type of ploy.

Okay...so I have some issues that need to be worked out. This is my form of therapy.

So I got the evite and of course I'm going to go. You know I'm going to blog about it. Just think, a whole room of bloggers. It's going to be great to see all the different variations of what happens that day.

I was thinking of starting another blog of haiku poems. Where the heck did THAT come from?

Well, I am a huge RPG fan and I have been playing Kingdom of Loathing for a little while now. One of the areas is called the "Haiku Dungeon" and I was hooked.

So I responded to the evite with a haiku

I am so there AH
Free yummies and drinks galore
How can I resist?

Before you say it, I already know...pretty crappy. But that's ok, I still have my day job.

So I'm going to do my best to spread the word. If you're a Bay Area blogger and want to take part, it's being held on Saturday, June 11, 12:00PM at KRON's studio (1001 Van Ness). Let me know by giving me your email and I'll send the evite to you.

AiYahh!

1 comment:

Brian Shields said...

AiYahh!

I'm looking forward to meeting you at our Bay Area Blogger Meet-Up this coming Saturday. We're very excited to have the opportunity to meet with the blogging community and hear about ways that we can become a part of the personal media revolution.

We hope to find ways to create great new content of interest to both blog readers and TV viewers.

Thanks for posting about our meet-up.

Brian Shields
Online News Manager
KRON-TV
shields@kron.com