Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Bad service

It really irritates the fuck outta me when I get bad service at a restaurant. I mean, it's gotten to the point where you're expected to give a tip now for the level of service that THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE! I was in NYC earlier this year and we had a group of 6 people. When we paid the bill, the server actually told us to pay more tip! I've worked in my fair share of restaurants and I work my butt off for my tip! So I tip according to how good the service was. Good service = good tip. Bad service = no tip.

So what got me started on this topic...Efren and I met for dinner on Wednesday night. He had just finished his swimming class, was really hungry and wanted to get a certain dish. I had already had dinner with my friend Scott (another Scott by the way, this Scott works at the same place as me) at the Metro Cafe, so I wasn't really hungry. We decided to go to "Catch" on Market Street. We got there and said dinner for two. After a short wait, we were shown to our table and given menus.

Then we waited...

and waited...

and waited...

and waited...

Our server never showed up. Our drinks were never ordered. We were never given any water or bread.

We were pissed.

The place was not busy at all. There were empty tables here and there. We had already waited over 15 minutes and decided that we'll wait 2 more minutes for someone to show up. Nobody did. So we got up and left.

We walked down the block over to Bagdad Cafe and had a great meal. It cost us much less money and the service was great. Efren ended up getting the cod sandwich (something I normally order) and said it was fantastic. There is a reason why I always order it you know, I have good taste :)

No comments: