Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Color me grrrr...

Okay, why am I so grrr you may ask? Well, I am taking part in an HIV study where they take HIV negative folks (like myself) and then having us take medication used to treat folks living with HIV. They are trying to find out if taking this specific drug (I can't remember the exact drug, but I'll update this posting once I do) will influence people in any way. There is a current trend, that folks are doing this exact thing, in the hopes of providing some sort of immunity against contracting HIV.

So, where's the grrr coming from? Well, I had to reschedule my intake appointment to this Thursday. It was supposed to take place weeks ago, but because there is a 75% chance that I will be taking the medication right after the appointment. So, since I was going to have jaw surgery and my mouth was going to be wired shut, taking medication every day was going to be close to impossible. So that's why we rescheduled it to this Thursday.

You're probably asking, "I still don't see what's the big freakin deal DAHHHHLING!" (Feel free to take out the DAHHHHHLING if you're not gay or gay enough). Okay, it seems that SFGMCI (a group that I am active with) is having a community forum with Titan Studios and PROPSF, called "Sex After Meth" -- How to have Hot Sober Sex!

I'm going to miss it! Dang it!

But that doesn't mean you have to if you're lucky enough to live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Day: January 26, 2006
Time: 7PM - 9PM
Place: LGBT Center, 1800 Market Street, 4th Floor (Andrew Spencer Ceremonial Room), map
Cost: Free

Crystal Meth is such a huge problem in our community right now. Why do people still use that shit? It's a complex problem and there are as many answers as there are people using it. So it's great to see folks out there trying to take care of themselves.

This is the beginning of a series of events, so I hope to go to the next one!

Flying high as kite
String snaps, I fall to the ground
Into open hands

AiYahh!

No comments: