Tuesday, May 03, 2005

What do I do with my free time?


KGFlyer, originally uploaded by AiYahh.

Well, if given the chance, I like to model.

I did a shoot back in 2001 for a group called "Kinky GAM" here in San Francisco and had a great time. I recently got back in touch with the photographer, Mark Chester, and he asked me to model for his weekly drawing class. I said yes and spent last night in relatively comfortable/uncomfortable situations.

All the poses I did were pretty normal and if I didn't have to hold still, would not be a problem. That's the kicker, I had to stay still for anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes. Boy, I never thought being a model was this hard. At the end of the night, I was in pain.

My hardest pose was actually of me laying down on my side, with my left arm reaching up and that hand on my head. My left arm soon became numb and later began to feel like it was burning. That was the only pose I couldn't hold and had to pause...I only made it for lil over 10 minutes. I rubbed some feeling back in my arms and hands then finished the rest of the pose...another 9 minutes of torture.

Modeling is defintely a workout. I wonder if that's ever going to be done at the gym :)

AiYahh!

2 comments:

:: jozjozjoz :: said...

Heh. The "sit really really still" workout. It could happen.

Law Bodhisattva said...

Aiyah!! Will u model for me in private? LOL