Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Blackberry Bistro in Oakland's Glenview District

My friend James told me about this great breakfast place located in Oakland's Glenview district. So of course, we had to check it out.

Stkyrice, me and our friend Ted drove over the bridge on a perfect weather day and found the place. Since the weather was so perfect, the line was pretty long. So the three of us just chatted outside as we waited for James and another friend, Shem.

They arrived and we all sat down shortly after. I have to say...I was really hungry. Ordering a passionfruit bellini wasn't the smartest decision I've ever made, but DAMN it was good. I ended up getting the smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and toasted bread that they baked on site. Some other dishes were ordered...I was too busy enjoying my drink to remember... hahahaha

Our waitress was very nice and funny. At one point, one of her contacts popped out and hit the floor. We all freaked out a little, but she was a real professional, she just took it in stride and continued with taking our order. Another waitress, apparently a new one, had problems with our drinks. She had no idea what they were! She thought my bellini was an orange juice and couldn't tell a bloody mary from a flavored soda. I think the only reason our table of queens didn't read her, was that she did say she was new on the job....and it was a nice day.

Our food was totally yummy and I had to take pictures...so click on the pic here and check out the rest of the pics on Flickr.

AiYahh!

No comments: