Monday, March 14, 2005

So this is what a tennis ball feels like...

The California Supreme Court in San Francisco issued a ruling today that California's ban on same-sex marriages was unconstitutional.

Read about it here

and here

So now, the decision is going to be appealed.

So what does it mean as it stands... well, it doesn't make my marriage last year valid for one thing. so I am still single and not just single, but I can honestly say that I have never been married. Because of the new laws governing domestic partnerships, my partner and I will have to go to divorce court if we were to ever break up and we have a few more months to set up a retro-active prenup (You AIN'T ever gonna get my comic books!!!). It's all still very fuzzy, so I hope all the power players and big wigs get paid their big bucks and make it easier on us, the little guys, just trying to have a happy and healthy life.

2 comments:

... said...

hehe! i don't want your comic books honey! besides, there's an incentive to stay together longer--so i, er, we can get better stuff! :)

Unknown said...

Mental note to self:

Only get things Efren doesn't like / is allergic to.