Monday, March 28, 2005

Thought this was interesting...

This seemed like one of those "lists" but it seemed interesting enough for me to put it on my blog.

10 YEARS AGO I
1. Moved out of my family's place and into my first apartment
2. Dealt with the pain, fear and shame of my first STD (Hep A)
3. Dealing with the lost of my first love
4. Cried at the premier of "And the band played on..."
5. Had my first Chinese New Year's celebration without my family and with my "family"

5 YEARS AGO I
1. was in a state of flux over who I was and what I wanted to do.
2. worked with a therapist on issues that mattered to me.
3. saw life as I've never seen it before.
4. was in the longest lasting relationship I've ever been in my life.
5. living in a wonderful flat that felt like "home".

2 YEARS AGO I
1. bought a house with my sister and partner in Daly City.
2. bought my second car "Murphey".
3. really hated my job.
4. started my blog.
5. found the joy of living with a baby.

1 YEAR AGO I
1. got married to a man.
2. got really famous for getting married to a man.
3. said goodbye to my last living grandparent, my maternal grandmother.
4. found love in another man, besides my husband.
5. accepted the fact that I'm polyamorous.

YESTERDAY i
1. played Dance Dance Revolution and enjoyed being a kid again.
2. looked into the eyes of love.
3. smiled and felt love.
4. got recognized for getting married last year.
5. spent time with my two favorite men in the world.

TODAY i
1. had a wonderful morning.
2. eat lunch and watched old "Lost In Space" episodes.
3. really enjoyed my day so far.
4. realized that for every good, there is a bad.
5. really appreciate all the good thing and people in my life

TOMORROW I WILL
1. continue working on my new knitting bag.
2. listen to new music at work.
3. go to the gym.
4. dream.
5. be grateful for the day.

5 ITEMS i HAVE (BRAND) LOYALTY TO (parentheses added)
1. family
2. friends
3. community
4. the spirits
5. my ancestors

5 SNACKS i ENJOY
1. Pocky, in all its various flavors
2. sushi
3. Efren's lesbian cookies
4. James' to die for rum cake
5. Scott's CRACK mix (not the real name, just how people refer to it as, it's THAT good)

5 THINGS i CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT (in no particular order)
1. love
2. growth
3. friendship
4. creativity
5. magik

I WOULD BUY WITH $1,000
1. Sony PSP
2. laptop computer
3. trip to NYC
4. motorcycle lessons
5. iPod mini

5 BAD HABITS i HAVE
1. I have no patience (at least to me)
2. I procrastinate
3. I can't say no to good anime
4. Taking on more projects than I should.
5. Beating myself up.

3 THINGS i WOULD NEVER WEAR
1. pants that drop really low and show your skivvies
2. uncomfortable undies
3. painful heels

5 SHOWS i LIKE
1. Desperate Housewives
2. Gilmore Girls
3. Smallville
4. Significant Others
5. Battlestar Galactica

4 PLACES i'VE LIVED
1. Hong Kong
2. San Francisco, CA
3. Daly City, CA
4. South Pasadena, CA

3 NAMES YOU GO BY
1. Howard
2. Howie
3. Hey you! (or AiYahh)

3 THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF
1. I'm self-reliant
2. I love with all my heart.
3. I can be trusted

3 THINGS YOU DISLIKE ABOUT YOURSELF
1. Naive
2. Trusting of others, when I shouldn't
3. I have tunnel vision

3 PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE
1. Zhong Shan
2. Toi Shan
3. Hong Kong native

3 THINGS THAT SCARE YOU
1. the unknown
2. heights (actually, falling from heights)
3. having to prove my kung fu skills (when I have none)

3 OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS
1. love of life
2. gratefulness for my friends
3. my man bag (murse to those in the know)

3 THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW
1. DKNY Jeans V-neck T-shirt
2. Girbaud jeans I've had over 10 years
3. Sketchers sneakers

3 OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS/MUSICAL ARTISTS
1. George Michael
2. Faye Wong
3. Josh Grobin

1 comment:

... said...

Hehe...scary to see how things have progressed the past 10 years. I love you and your polyamorous self.

Love, Efi (your pseudo-monogamous husband)