Friday, February 04, 2005

The Lunar New Year is coming

Feb. 9, 2005 is the first day in the Lunar calendar. That means that I'm going to be a very busy boy up until that day. I have to clean up my place (not much, just enough). More importantly, I'm going to have to clean up my mom's place. This is going to be the mother of all spring cleanings. Sweep the floor, mop the floor, do the windows, take all things off the shelves, wipe them, put down new shelf liners. Mom is pretty old now, over 70. She had me when she was in her 40's, so most of the cleaning has been done by me or my siblings over the years.

Since the only people around here are me and my sister, it's going to be all me, since my sister is pregnant again.

So what else do I have to do??? well, I avoid saying anything death related or foul language. I even try to think good and happy thoughts during this time also. If I get any bad thoughts, I try not to say it out loud and think of nice happy things.

One good thing is that a lot of the food fits in with my diet or vegetables and seafood. Actually, on the first day, the whole meal is vegetarian. Back when I was a raging carnivore, the Lunar New Year's meal was the only time I didn't have any meat. Eventually, I took it further and further, from one meal, to one day, to one week. After one month, I never stopped.

Happy Lunar New Year.

No comments: