Friday, November 12, 2004

Gimme my PB&J sandwich NOW!!!

Just saw this lil story in the San Jose Mercury news. Stanford university is working with other research hospitals/schools on a vaccine for food allergies!

They currently have some normal healthy dogs that they've treated to develop an allergic reaction to a certain type of food, peanut, milk or wheat. Then they treat the dogs with the vaccine.

So far, so good. I've never been a big fan of animal testing, but if it's going to help save lives, it was nice knowing you fifi/spot/whatever ur name is.

I have an allergy to peanuts, which really sucks, because it developed back in 1999 when I'm an adult. Why does that suck, you ask? Well, it's mainly cuz I'm Chinese and have been eating peanuts for my whole freakin LIFE! So now it's one of my favorite things to eat and I CAN'T because it will kill me!

Flashback to 1999, soon after I found out abour my allergy.

-fade in-
Scene: Grocery shopping at Trader Joe's
Hubby and I are in line with all our weekly groceries.

Me (bored): *Yawn*
I look for something to read and find nothing interesting. Then I see something.

Me: Hey hon (to hubby), let's get this! (picks up package of snacks)

Hubby: (looks at package) What are you doing!?!

Me: What?

Hubby: That's PEANUT BUTTER FILLED PRETZELS!

Me: Yeah (licks lips)

Hubby: I don't have enough life insurance on you yet!

Me: Oh... that's right *snif*snif* (puts back package)

-fade out-

No comments: